Business Model Validation
About the Course:
Business models are a critical factor in the success or failure of commercial initiatives. Before you spend large sums of money and vast amounts of time executing your business plan, you should make sure that the underpinnings of your business model are sound.
If you are not familiar with the following business model pitfalls, you really should enroll in the Business Model Validation course:
- Capacity head-fakes
- Technology overfitting
- Pricing straightjackets
- Platform dependence
- Business model fragility
- Market spoilage
- Scorched earth
Related lessons are brought to life through discussions regarding the likes of Southwest Airlines, Alibaba, Staples, Akamai, Pete's Wicked Ale, JC Penney, The Panama Railroad, Unum Corporation, Radio Shack, Airbnb, Boston Markets, Groupon, and Better Place.
The following are among the issues discussed during this unique course:
- How can the Icarus Paradox destroy a firm's revenue projections?
- Why must you avoid anything resembling the Las Vegas business model?
- How can you assess a business's compressibility?
- Where do dangers lie in terms of confusing the degree of competition with market potential?
- What are some limitations to monetizing a company's assets?
- What is the significance of a pivot schedule in assessing business models?
- How much precedential value should be attached to analogs and antilogs?
- How can you test business model portability?
- How can you ascertain the symmetry between a business model and the nature of the stakeholders?
- Are you at risk of committing irrational extrapolation?
- How can you project customer migration paths and attrition rates?
- How can you project supply chain risks?
Who Should Attend This Course:
- Business Development Professionals
- Licensing Professionals
- Technology Transfer Professionals
- Mergers & Acquisitions Professionals
- Corporate Strategists
- Transactional Advisors such as Attorneys and Accountants
- Investment Bankers
- Executive Coaches
- Investor Relations Professionals
- Financial Professionals
- Project Managers
SPECIAL OFFER: All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the highly acclaimed and newly-released book, Business Model Validation.
SPECIAL OFFER: All attendees are eligible to receive up to three hours of private consultation regarding the validation of their business models at a reduced rate of $195 per hour (versus the $295 standard hourly rate).
For further information, please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or email@example.com.
About the Instructor:
David Wanetick is the CEO of Business Model Validation, a research firm with an expertise in assessing the investment merits of emerging companies. He actively researches and scrutinizes the investment positions of hedge funds and private equity funds. He also has an expertise in patent valuation. David developed the Certified Emerging Company Analyst and Devil's Advocate Auditor designations, both offered through the Business Development Academy. He has lectured all over the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Israel, Dubai, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Thailand.
Silicon Valley, CA – August 31, 2017
Location: 975 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Silicon Valley, CA – January 23, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Webinars: This rate is for one participant. Distribution of login information is prohibited. Site licenses for up to five participants are available for $1,795. To arrange a site license, please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archived webinars are also available for those unable to attend live sessions of the course.
Seating is Limited to 15 per session
Register online or by contacting
Registration / Membership Coordinator,
at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or email@example.com
Requests to cancel your registration must be made in writing one month before the date of the seminar. Your refund will reflect a $95 processing fee. No refunds will be granted within one month of the course for which you are enrolled. You may send a substitute for an additional $55 processing fee.
Tuition - $645.00